Picture Credit - Schäferle, Pixabay
The greatest gift you can give yourself is to become self-centred.
"What?" I hear you say. "Isn't that the same as selfish? How's that a good thing?"
Being self centred is about going deep within yourself and taking ownership of all your choices and actions. It’s about understanding that everything you need and want can be found within you. It means that even change around you begins with you.
Being self-centred is ultimately about self-belief, self-control & self-love. Selfishness on the other hand is wanting everything to be about you, expecting others to focus on you & your needs.
A self-centred person is self-aware whereas a selfish person is self-absorbed.
When you're self-centred:
1) you seek answers and change from within
2) you love and accept yourself as you are
3) you believe in yourself
4) you listen to your body and inner voice with equanimity
5) you take leadership and ownership of your own life's journey
6) you find inner peace and meaning in the choices you make
7) your life acquires a purpose that goes beyond your own wants and needs
The day I understood the difference between being self-centred and being selfish was the day I took a huge step towards becoming a leader in my own life.
Why not make a start today with self-acceptance, self-love and self-belief?
Because if you don't, no one else will.