The greatest gift you can give yourself is to become self-centred.
"What?" I hear you say. "Isn't that the same as selfish? How's that a good thing?"
Being self centred is about going deep within yourself & taking ownership of all your choices & actions. It’s about understanding that everything you need & want can be found within you. It means that even change around you begins with you.
Being self-centred is ultimately about self-belief, self-control & self-love. Selfishness on the other hand is wanting everything to be about you, expecting others to focus on you & your needs.
A self-centred person is self-aware whereas a selfish person is self-absorbed.
When you're self-centred:
1) you seek answers & change from within
2) you love & accept yourself as you are
3) you believe in yourself
4) you listen to your body & inner voice with equanimity
5) you take leadership & ownership of your own life's journey
6) you find inner peace & meaning in the choices you make
7) your life acquires a purpose that goes beyond your own wants and needs
The day I understood the difference between being self-centred & being selfish was the day I took a huge step towards becoming a leader in my own life.
Why not make a start today with self-acceptance, self-love and self-belief?
Because if you don't, no one else will.